Monday, November 22, 2010

Beauty Is Skin Deep

Beauty is skin deep.  What does that even mean?  Society sees beauty as how you look on the outside.  Nice hair, nice skin, nice body.  But this kind of beauty fades with the passing of time.  And what we are left with is either a hollow poor excuse for a soul, or a beauty that radiates from the inside out.  These bodies are only ours for a short period of time.  I don't think God gave them to us to spend endless time and money trying to perfect them.  Rather we are here as students.  Students of life each on our own quest to find true happiness.  Those who seek happiness in their appearance will not be happy for long.  They will watch all their hard work wither away with the sands of time.  As a mother I see it as a very important job to teach my children to just be happy with who they are.  Regardless of their little quirks or hangups, regardless of if they are good at soccer or struggle with math.  They are equally as important as anyone else and they were sent here because God loves them and has a plan for them.  Regardless of all of our situations we have the ability to be happy and content in our lives.  Take away all the material possessions, fancy car, and house that you can't afford to pay the mortgage on.... and you still have you.  You have wonderful you that no one else can duplicate.  I think the greatest honor we can show God is to be content with the life he has given us.  And I am thankful for everything I have, and everything I don't have.  And everything will be ok :)

1 comment:

  1. I have been feeling pretty bad about myself lately. This was good to hear.

    ReplyDelete